Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fishing at Wynnum

Wynnum Creek at high tide (February 5th, 08)


It's funny - I'm only a short drive from the waterfront, I love fishing, but in 15 years I think I've only tried to fish from the "front" as the esplanade is often called, just once.

Yesterday I drove into the car park beside Wynnum Creek to get a photo. The sky was moody and threatened rain, and because of the heavy rain that we have had the bay is full of debris washed out of the creeks and rivers, and it was a high tide. Good for fishing.

There was a man fishing - standing under the cover of the fishing facility near the creek - where the fishermen pull in their boats, and clean and gut any of the day's spoils. He was well protected if it would rain. He's a regular and he and his mates, he told me, often catch a good feed from this spot. On the high tide - an hour before the top of the tide, and an hour afterwards the fish bite.

He was quite an interesting fellow and we chatted for a while as I took some photos.

No comments: